MIDNITE WALKERS PARANORMAL RESEARCH SOCIETY Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
MidNite Walkers Paranormal Research Society is BACK! Sorry for all the inconvenience it may have caused while we were gone.
  6843 Posts in 707 Topics by 285 Members Latest Member: psst
* HOME HELP SEARCH CALENDAR LOGIN REGISTER 
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Smells  (Read 1564 times)
Cherokee
Board Member
Officer
Apparition

I did it, but I am blaming you!

« on: February 18, 2007, 07:10:28 PM »

I believe that when we lose someone that was really close to us that they can and will if the need is strong enough come back to comfort us in anyway they can. It has happened to me and my sister many times. I lost my brother back in 1977. He was 23 years old. He was riding his motor cycle home one night and was run over by a drunk driver with 5 DWI's! Well he was only 3 yrs. younger then me and we were very close. I took it so hard that I was in shock for 24 hrs. He came to me once in a dream. He was in a white suite with a blinding light surrounding him. He told me that he had a chose. He could have lived but been a veg. or died and went on to a much better place and he could not have spent the rest of his life as a prisoner in a bed not being able to move. Well that helped me get through his death a little better. A few years later my sister went to his grave and basically pitched a fit demanding a sign of some kind from him. Later that day at our dads house while she was there a toy piano (not one with batteries) started playing in a locked boat port. She looked in and watched the keys moving up and down playing a song. At that time my son was little and I had toys stored at my dads and that was one of them and he use to play around like that all the time so we knew that was him and she had got her sign. I have gotten other signs from him like wind chimes that blow on a windless day during a meter shower that was just like the one he and I watched together when he was alive and I smelled my mothers perfume when I was alone and crying because it was on Mother's Day and I was missing her so much. People come to me and say that they have never gotten a sign from their loved ones I make them stop and listen to the signs that may have been going on around them that they have just been missing or finding another explanation for it. I say this to them: Have you ever been thinking about someone you loved that has passed on and one light goes dim or blinks for just a second? Or has just your TV turned off then back on? Has that wind chime thats in your house that never moves started to move when you said their name? Have you ever been driving in your car and a certain song made you cry and you think about someone that passed over and that song now shows up every time you think of that person? Have you ever been sleeping and feel your hair being pushed back from your face and open your eyes and see no one there? Have you heard your name whispered but no one was there? All these things have happened to me,,,,,,,,,,all these things are from those who have crossed over. Its up to us to look and listen for the signs. If someone wants a sign from a loved one bad enough they need to ask daily for such a sign till one is given. But keep your eyes and ears open but more important then that, keep an open mind as well. Its not likely you will see them standing in front of you like you want them to. So you have to be patient and take what ever they are able to send you.   

Cher
Cherokee
Board Member
Officer
Apparition

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 07:15:29 PM »

I know when people I care about are in trouble or need me a lot of times by different things I smell. I also smell different things from those who have past over but thats another story! The first one on this topic I want to talk about is about a phone call I got one night from a friend of mine who like me raises Persian cats. She called me at 1130pm out of breath and I could barley hear her say please take care of the cats I am driving to the hospital I can hardly breath I think its my heart. Before I could say anything she hung up the phone. Well I tried to call her back and got no answer. She lived one hour away from me at that time and her husband was in the hospital already with other problems of his own. I threw a few clothes in a bag and jumped in the car a drove like crazy to her house. I was on the interstate and about halfway there when I smelled brownies in my van soooooo stronger! She would always make me brownies for Christmas because I loved them so much. I knew right then her heart had stopped. I looked at my watch and it was 12:30 am and I screamed at the top of my lungs DON'T YOU LEAVE ME!!!!!!!!!! Then I drove even faster to get to her house. I got to her house and her van was not there. I had a key to her house and let my self in and called the hospital and they told me she was in the emergency room. Hours past until I heard anything. Finaly.............. I got word that she was doing OK but that she had had a heart attack. Later I did find out that at 12:30 am her heart had stopped. That is when I had smelled the brownies!
Another time I had an over whelming smell of my sisters perfume come over me so I called her. I asked her if she was OK? She said I am fine , why do you ask? I told her about smelling her perfume. She said that I was freaking her out. I said why? She said I just spilled a whole bottle of my expensive perfume all over my car! These are just two of many that I have had. If anyone else has had this happened o them I would love to hear about it. I have also smelled my mothers perfume and she has been dead for 14 years. I don't smell it often but If I am really having a bad day or thinking about her I sometimes smell it. I think she still comes around to comfort me when she can. 

Cher
Cherokee
Board Member
Officer
Apparition

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 07:18:31 PM »

Well since it was on Christmas Eve. I was putting gifts in the van getting ready to go to my dads. We spend Christmas Eve with him. While sorting through the gifts to see which ones were going over there I started smelling Pine-sol VERY strong. Maybe this would not have been strange to most people but I NEVER buy the stuff because you can't use it if you have Persian cats because cleaning with it will kill them. So I don't have any in my house at all. I put the gifts in the van and didn't think to much more about them. Well my husband went over there before my daughter and I because he went to help cook. When my daughter and I got in the van we could smell Pine-soil really strong. I did not buy any gifts that would have smelled anything like that at all. We were not out of the driveway when my daughter asked me "What is that smell?" I asked her "You smell that?" She said yes. She agreed that it smelled just like Pine-sol! We smelled it all the way to my dads house. I told her that the only person ( Ghost) I could think of that would do something like that would be my grandmother, my dads mother who was always cleaning and she did use Pine-sol for everything. So I just said out loud to her that she could have picked another smell other then that to get my attention LOL. As soon as we got into my dads driveway which only took us 5 min to get there the smell was gone. And we didn't smell it the rest of the night. 

Cher
boogieman
Board Member
Officer
Apparition

Every thing happens for a reason

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 08:34:51 AM »

i had a cat that would pee on stuff if you left it on the floor he must have not liked a dirty house lol but anyways he has been missing for a long time now and (he lived at my moms house) moved to mine but stayed in the shop there and once in awhile i can smell my stinky kitty i was very close to him its just kinda intersting story

Something can be explained but for those's that can't be i try to find and answer mostly a more likely one but some times you just cant and that's cool too:)http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f277/lauramwarner/ailike2hotwax.jpg
Springfield Paranormal
Orb

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 10:58:36 PM »

My wife and I are non smokers but at times we smell cigarette smoke in the house so strongly it is un- mistakable, as well as perfume smells. My wife's grand-father built this house, and her grand-parents,parents, and even great-grand-father lived here in the past, all were cigarette smokers. We have replaced the carpet and drapes so it is not residual.  My wife's mother who passed away two years ago was very attached to this house.  Her late grand mother was also very attached to this place as well.  Julies great-grand-father shot and killed himself in the guest house here as well.  Many unusual things happen here at time.   
Cherokee
Board Member
Officer
Apparition

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 01:39:19 AM »

The anniversary of my friends Husbands death was this past Aug. We were both in her van. He was like a father to me and called me his daughter. We both smelled roses very strong in her van. We both smelled them while by our self later that day also; After that it was gone.

Cher
Jo-Anne

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 01:17:20 PM »

Isn't it lovely to receive such loving validations from spirit - undeniable and so unique! Even the ones from stinky cats (hmm my cat was showing similar behavior recently - anything on the floor - he'd pee on it - finally we figured out what it was, territorial, he didn't want the squirrels to over take his thrown! haha)

My uncle often drops me a visit and the only way I can tell it's him is by the distinct smell of curry powder and spices - very strong and poignant - so strong that anyone in the area can smell it, not just me.

I bet all those people that claim they haven't got a psychic bone in their body have some moment or other, where they've stood still and wondered if their Aunt Mable is touching them, or wafting past as they smell a familiar scent? They just haven't realised or aren't ready to acknowledge it?! What do you guys think?

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." Albert Einstein
Cherokee
Board Member
Officer
Apparition

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 10:17:03 AM »

Your right on the money. Its just they ignore it thinking its got to be something else. That's why I say all the time, don't expect to see them in full form look for the little things. It could be a smell, a touch, or a light blink or even a butterfly that will not leave you alone. Grin

Cher
Admin
Supervisor
Apparition

"Only Normal People see Ghosts"

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 06:29:28 AM »

What do you think caused the smell? where did your husband cook at?

"It can't be a Fact if you have Possibilities"
Pages: [1] Print

« previous next »
Jump to: