MIDNITE WALKERS PARANORMAL RESEARCH SOCIETY Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
MidNite Walkers Paranormal Research Society is BACK! Sorry for all the inconvenience it may have caused while we were gone.
  6843 Posts in 707 Topics by 285 Members Latest Member: psst
* HOME HELP SEARCH CALENDAR LOGIN REGISTER 
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Unexplainable Event  (Read 1365 times)
Fizbop
Apparition

« on: August 13, 2008, 05:34:16 AM »

I really donít know what to classify this as.  I wonít say it was paranormal with out anything to back it up.  I really donít have anything to back this claim up.  So I am chalking it up to personal experience.  In 1997-1998 I canít recall the exact year.  It was a calm summerís evening.  I had gone to bed around 11pm.  I feel asleep and was awaken by a noise emanating from the room.  Now mind you that unless it was an alarm going off or something louder itís very difficult to wake me up if Iím sleeping.  So this noise which I can only explain was very loud. (At that time my roommates were out of town) So it was just me in the home.  It almost had a sound of what was a phaser from star trek or very similar if I had to put an effect to it.  So I get up from my bed and looked at the fan.  (I always have it on when Iím sleeping for white noise) The knob was on but it wasnít blowing.  The clock read about 3:33 am so I knew the power wasnít on the fritz.  The noise stops and the fan started to blow once again and I can hear it.  So thinking it was probably my overactive imagination I go back to bed.  As I lay down into bed the noise returns the fan stops blowing.  I open my eyes and all I see is white in front of me.  I couldnít see anything but white.  I felt a pressure on me and pulling my legs. I couldnít move at all.  I felt like I was being pulled from out of my bed.  Now mind you Iím home alone and in a bed room that does lock and I had it locked. The fan isnít going and I could see the clocks digits burning threw this whiteness it was only 3:45 am.

This is the only experience that Iíve ever had in my life and I really donít know what to call it.

I'm A Leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.
Admin
Supervisor
Apparition

"Only Normal People see Ghosts"

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 10:37:57 AM »

Wow that does sound interesting.. Sounds like combination of many things, like "old Hag Syndrome" (Sleep Paralysis)..

"It can't be a Fact if you have Possibilities"
Fizbop
Apparition

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 11:08:43 AM »

I'd like to know more about that syndrom.  If you could go into detail about it.  Sleep Paralysis sounds more likely the solution to this but would it cause all the other events to occur?

edit 1:13 pm

I actully googled it.  Wow, didn't know that this sleep paralysis could cause things to happen that arn't happening.  I do wonder why it only happend once in my life time.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 11:14:30 AM by Fizbop » Logged

lem
Members
Orb

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 02:35:55 PM »

I've had that happen to me many times. In fact, it used to happen so often that I knew how to control it. I shouldn't say control, but I knew what was happening and that I would wake up and be fine. It just happened a few months ago, but used to happen once every few weeks. Now it is maybe once a year.

For me, I always see whatever is in the room, it's dark and I feel like I am being pulled. I try to call out and can't speak and try to grab my wife to wake her for help  and can't move. I have had times when I was looking down at my body (which really creeps me out). When I was younger I was convinced that it was an 'out of body' experience and that's what got me trying to control it. It seems to happen at times when I am extremely tired and worn out.

I'm guessing my experience is the same as yours.

LeRoy
Fizbop
Apparition

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 02:44:46 PM »

except it wasn't dark when i expirecenced it.  I'm not sure that it's sleeping palarsis but it's something that it could be being it only happend once.  Maybe I addapted to it quicker.

Admin
Supervisor
Apparition

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 06:19:19 PM »

The way i understand it, there are many that have only experienced it once..

Fizbop
Apparition

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 07:36:04 PM »

Indeed. Still freaky ain't it ...

Admin
Supervisor
Apparition

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 09:46:41 PM »

Yeah, something i wouldn't want to experience..

boogieman
Board Member
Officer
Apparition

Every thing happens for a reason

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 08:51:08 AM »

very freaky ya i don't have no clue about anything like that

Something can be explained but for those's that can't be i try to find and answer mostly a more likely one but some times you just cant and that's cool too:)http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f277/lauramwarner/ailike2hotwax.jpg
Fauss
Occult Director
Vortex

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 09:12:56 AM »

I've got a theory I've been working on with "Hag Syndrome" and things like it. It's very well known that the human brain, while sleeping, reaches what is known as an Alpha state. Basically this is the half sleep point, where you feel your body getting heavy, the mind wanders into the dream state.
However, the dream state occurs during REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep. Don't worry, I'll be making sense of this in a moment.
Most people who experience "Hag Syndrome" find that it happens between 2:30am and 4:00am. A strange coincidence if you ask me.
Around the world, there is one thing that occurs that makes little sense to me... but it works somehow. At, or around 3am, is when most people reach REM sleep. How is this possible? I don't know... but whatever.

What does this mean? I have no idea, but I gather that it could be two, or even more, possibilities. One being that the body reaches REM state far too close to the Alpha state. Add the possibility of base fear thrown in because of the inability to move and the adrenal glands causing the fight, flight... or freeze in this case... also taking into consideration fear causing tightness in the chest and the mind may create a vision of something, anything, sitting on the chest and sucking out the life force. Logical... a little too logical I know.

The later being the literal. When the brain reaches Alpha state, there are waves of radiation (Alpha, Beta, and Theta) being emitted which increase at this state. It is not a conscious emission, like all the others, but it could serve as a beacon. Basically saying "DinnerTIME!"

A haunting is a haunting, but a newton is fruit and cake
For all your non-lethal protection and surveillance needs.
http://www.ellissecurity.com
http://www.ellissurveillance.com
Pages: [1] Print

« previous next »
Jump to: