MIDNITE WALKERS PARANORMAL RESEARCH SOCIETY Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
MidNite Walkers Paranormal Research Society is BACK! Sorry for all the inconvenience it may have caused while we were gone.
  6843 Posts in 707 Topics by 285 Members Latest Member: psst
* HOME HELP SEARCH CALENDAR LOGIN REGISTER 
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My Childhood Home  (Read 1064 times)
Springfield Paranormal
Orb

« on: October 10, 2007, 10:33:29 AM »

My childhood home was an isolated farm located on the highest point of land in the county. There were sightings of spook lights on the hill through the late 19th and early 20th century.  The house itself was moved there from an old limestone quarry not far away that had closed before the first world war.  There were cryptid experiences, and ufo sightings associated with this farm as well.
     My personal experience there began almost unnoticed.  I would be playing in the house, ans think I saw a man standing at the sink in the bathroom.  When I would look back up he would be gone, and even as a kid I hought my eyes were playing tricks on me.  After I started seeing this I started to see it more often.  It was almost always be in the bathroom, but occasionally I would see the same man standing in the detached garage, or near the garden fence. I never felt afraid at all, as a matter of fact the house usually felt very benevelent. 
     One night at supper I brought up the subject.  I said"I know this might sound crazy, but I keep thinking I see a man in the bathroom.  The table went silent, then my mother and brother who is five years older than me both said they were seeing a man in the bathroom as well.  My father who spent the least amount of time in or near the house and had seen nothing asked if i coould describe what I saw.  I told my father I saw a man probably in his late fifties or older wearing blue pants, and a blue work shirt, and I had seen him in the garage, and outside, but always wearing the same  thing.  My mother and brother said that was exactly what they were seeing.
     My father said he knew exactly who that was, and called him by name.  Dad said the man who had owned the farm, and who had bought and moved the house there always wore blue pants and a blue work shirt, and that as a matter of fact he had never seen him in any other clothing.  He also said he had been dead since before we were born, and before he had married my mother even.  None of us had ever met or seen him in life.
     We kind of embraced this after having a name to put with what we were seeing. We continued to see this, ans at times we would see and hear the bathroom faucet come on and go off a short time later.When we were seeing this there was never any fear or bad feeling in the house.  We did have other things happen there, and when they happened there was a feeling of fear around the house.  We would go into town occasionally in the evening.  We were never gone more than an hour or two, but on several occasions when we turned off the highway onto the long driveway up the hill the house would look like a beacon up there with every light in the place turned on. We always turned out all the light when leaving like counttry people all did then.  All the clocks in the house would be off as well.  They all would read the same time slow......almost the exact amount of time we had been away from home.
     I was always a different feeling when these incidents happened than with our run of the mill house ghost sightings.  These things happened all during the nine years we lived there but we only leased the farm and finally had to move. The current owner won't let anyone on the place, but I have been back a few times berfore he bought it. It seems strange things still go on there.  I was called there one night on a trauma rescue.  One of the occupants of the house at the time came home, parking in the driveway roughly 30 yards south, and up hill from the house.  The young lady had walked almost to the house when her car began to roll.  The car made a hard turn to the north, then turned hard back to the east to intercept the girl just as she reached the house.  This happened within the space of 30 yards and with enough force the car ran up over her.  The tracks of the girl and the car were plain to see, but it still was to improbable for coincidence. I have never been there since.
Cherokee
Board Member
Officer
Apparition

I did it, but I am blaming you!

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 12:43:56 AM »

Cool story, thanks for sharing. I hope the girl made it through the incidence. It would be interesting to go back there and investigate the place if the owner would let you though. Do you know how the man died?

Cher
Admin
Supervisor
Apparition

"Only Normal People see Ghosts"

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 12:54:42 PM »

Sounds like active place, to bad the owner won't let you back, it would be interesting to see what you can get.  Hope the girl is OK!

"It can't be a Fact if you have Possibilities"
Springfield Paranormal
Orb

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 05:33:52 PM »

The man we saw around the house died a peaceful death of old age.  The girl I'm afraid did not.
Cherokee
Board Member
Officer
Apparition

I did it, but I am blaming you!

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 09:07:50 PM »

Awwww how sad.

Cher
Admin
Supervisor
Apparition

"Only Normal People see Ghosts"

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 11:41:41 PM »

awww, thats sad to bad she won't let you in..

"It can't be a Fact if you have Possibilities"
Pages: [1] Print

« previous next »
Jump to: