MIDNITE WALKERS PARANORMAL RESEARCH SOCIETY Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Due to having problems with spammers we ask anybody that would like to register to email me with your username and email. I will then accept your registeration. Sorry for any inconvenience. We want a friendly none spammed forums.
  5515 Posts in 439 Topics by 159 Members Latest Member: MoonliteSonata
* HOME HELP SEARCH CALENDAR LOGIN REGISTER 
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Ghost Hunting alone  (Read 9256 times)
Admin
Supervisor
Apparition

"Only Normal People see Ghosts"

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 10:18:46 PM »

You never see Rick without his knife, He uses it on everything. I guess he would use it as weapon if need to, but he uses it for working on things. You don't want to hear Rick's thoughts on people who uses knife for fighting, he has been in many fights when knives were in the picture and been stabbed more then once.  But you don't take a knife to a gun fight..  If you think your good with knife or gun there is always someone that is better.

If your worried about someone getting you at cemetery, etc they won't come to you face to face, like you see in the movies, if they really want you they will shoot you from across the cemetery and take what you have, or attack from behind. Not saying you can't take weapon but really having it doesn't give you an advantage, only advantage your going to get is if you seen them first.

Once while on Bill Street in Memphis we was leaving a club when out of no place  some guys jumped out of the corner that we had walked past, and started shooting, one of our friends was shoot in the arm, luckily rest of us was able to get away unharmed. It happen to fast that we wasn't able to do much, but run. Then another time in Memphis at gas station some guys drove through the parking lot yelling at us, i was in the car at the time but my brother was almost ran down by the guys in the car, they drove over the grass to try to get him. but he had jumped between the gas pumps out of the way. Again knives,  nor guns would of done no good.

"It can't be a Fact if you have Possibilities"
Fauss
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2007, 12:16:18 AM »

And should you be out in the boonies, a gunshot will scare off just about any wild animal.
Remember Mel, any good "movie killer" has premedatated motives, but a drunken lout has little more reason than a sack of lima beans lol
Fauss
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2007, 12:23:48 AM »

Keep in mind... the reason to carry any weapon... is with the intention of not to use it.
Admin
Supervisor
Apparition

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2007, 01:13:10 AM »

I live out in the boonies, and lived more out in boonies were our closes neighbor was over a mile away. not to mention 3 miles on gravel road to nearest town that had 120 people in it and just a small gas station, then 15 miles from town with 2500 people. We had sat and watched cougars from our drive way catching snakes many times, once they corned a cow we had to chase them off. We also caught some wolf pups that was born in the field beside our house. So i know what being in the boonies is like. As for scaring off wild animals we have used a gun, but most of the time we used bottle rockets, they work just as good. Bullets are expensive, don't take me wrong we have guns, and have used them. But only at home never once on investigation.

As for intention not to use, i have always been taught and drilled into my mind if you have gun, knife etc you better intent to use it and be willing to kill someone  or that weapon can be used on you.
Some drunks can be very dangerous, I know some redneck's that live to hurt people like that. When they not drinking they can be the nicest people.

boogieman
Board Member
Officer
Apparition

Every thing happens for a reason

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2007, 05:38:08 AM »

you know when I'm out in the boonies i need my gun to feel safe

Something can be explained but for those's that can't be i try to find and answer mostly a more likely one but some times you just cant and that's cool too:)http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f277/lauramwarner/ailike2hotwax.jpg
Fauss
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2007, 08:38:22 PM »

But realistically speaking, bottle rockets aren't that good of an idea... especially being that they are illegal in the state of MN, and many others. Also the risk of starting a fire could be considered a bad idea.
What I mean by not intending to use it... all police in the US are trained to use it in a last ditch situation, meaning that you should only use it if you have no other choice. Besides, no one really knows if they can pull the trigger on another human being until the possibility arises.
boogieman
Board Member
Officer
Apparition

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2007, 08:49:31 PM »

very true

but as far as investigations a gun would be a bad thing to have

Something can be explained but for those's that can't be i try to find and answer mostly a more likely one but some times you just cant and that's cool too:)http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f277/lauramwarner/ailike2hotwax.jpg
Admin
Supervisor
Apparition

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2007, 09:21:14 PM »

Bottle Rockets aren't illegal in Missouri were we used them and they was shoot off in our yard, usually into a bucket of water you just want the noise.. We would never take them on investigations..

« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 09:50:59 PM by Admin » Logged

Cherokee
Board Member
Officer
Apparition

I did it, but I am blaming you!

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2007, 09:30:21 PM »

First of all I think this is a personal decision each person would have to make for them self as to what would make them feel safe in any given situation I guess.  I have several uncles and a nephew that are cops that will tell you that you DO NOT pull a gun out on anyone if you do not intend to shoot to kill. And the reason for that is because it can and will in most cases be taken from you and used against you. So if you feel you can not shoot someone then don't have one in your possession. That is why we tell people it is best NOT to do investigations by yourself but to do them in groups where it is un-likely that you will need weapons like guns for protection.
 Now a gun in your home or car is a whole other story.

Cher
Admin
Supervisor
Apparition

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2007, 09:51:57 PM »

Well said!

boogieman
Board Member
Officer
Apparition

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2007, 05:07:57 PM »

k back to the subject

Pages: 1 [2] Print

« previous next »
Jump to: