Most important part of any investigations is research.
Here are few good places to get information on a home.
- If you own property you should have the abstract.
Abstract shows chain of owners of property, how person recieved the property example if if they bought it or inherited it. May also show how much they paid for it. Abstract also gives you names of all owners, Abstract goes back to when the goverment released the land to be sold. If you rent you can ask Land lord if you can see abstract.
- If abstract isn't available you can try court house, go to land titles office. You may have pay for this.
- A local Historical Society is another good place to go to. Alot of times they will have recorders for you town, County.
- Senior Citizen Center is also good place to get information. Many of people in there loves to tell you about history.
- Asking your neighbor's, Land lord or people around town.